Monday, October 31, 2011

Why Midterms Suck...

Since I've been sitting on my butt in front of my computer for about.. three hours now doing homework relating to tests and essays and speeches and other fun things. I thought it was prime time to go on a rant about school.. and why it sucks for ever creating the notion that students need to be tested half way through the semester on what they know. Right now I know that I'm going to rip my hair out. However, if i put that on an exam i would probably fail. I want to meet the masochistic jerk who thought that all teachers shoveling tests and essays and speeches down our throat all in the same week was a good idea. Because right about now i'm pretty sure i would do very unspeakable things to him or her. How in the world do people expect us to not drown in all the work they are making us do in such a short period? I mean obviously were going to procrastinate and put it off until the last second and if your one of those people who do all their homework like three weeks before its due; i hate you. I wish I wasn't a procrastinator i really do, but how can you not be in college? There are so many more things that can be done besides homework. Like watching scary movies on halloween (which all my friends are currently doing while i'm holed up in my room like some sort of homework gremlin.) It would be so much better if I didn't live in some state of denial. Oh yeah you can get this homework done if you do it tomorrow.. or the next day.. .or the next day.. I'm pretty sure i'm going to start talking to myself pretty soon and then people will really think i've lost it. 

Another thing that really sucks is my whiteboard list. I swear it grows on its own accord, i'll be doing some homework, being productive and getting stuff done and when i finish i'll stand up and cheer and then remember that i have something else to do. So rather than been excited and throwing a party when i erase something off my list i grab my marker and write something else. What this basically has made me discover is that i need a bigger whiteboard because i could go on and on and on with my to do list. I remember when i was a little kid and i always dreamed of being a big kid and do lots of homework and being responsible. Well now i've officially determined i was crazy for wanting that and curse the day my little lips ever wished for it. At this very moment I am really excited that in a few sentences i'm going to end this and erase 'BLOG POST' from my whiteboard.. hopefully i wont have to add anything else because space is tight guys and thats no joke. Midterms were probably the worst thing ever invented and i'm just thinking that two months i'll probably be thinking the same thing about final exams.. oh joy. 

2 comments:

  1. I think you summed up my entire past couple of weeks into one blog post. No worries, you're not alone. I feel like every time I log onto D2L, there is another assignment that needs to be completed. With projects, assignments, posting to discussion boards and writing papers, like you, I never get the time to just sit back and "enjoy the best years of my life." As we all know, school can be overwhelming and difficult, but it's important to make time for yourself to do the things you enjoy. If you like working out, give yourself an hour a day to go on a walk or hit the gym. Same with cooking, reading or spending time with friends, it’s important to feel relaxed and feel at ease. Like I said earlier, college is supposed to be the best time of our lives, so my advice to you is to manage your time with not only your schoolwork, but your social life too. It will make you feel much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make sure to take some you time. As someone who works more than full time (50-60 hours a week), has school full-time and some sort of family thing almost every weekend I completely understand your stress level.

    If you don't have any you time - Mine is 30 minutes a day where I can just read a book because I find it is one of the only thing that relaxes me - it becomes completely overwhelming.

    I have posted this on someones blog early this semester but get iProcrastinate - it's a free app for Macs that is my lifesaver this semester. I'm able to lay out what I have to do for each class and which day it is due. It's great because I have everything in order through the end of the semester so I know what I need to have completed and by which date which eliminates a lot of the stress that I have in terms of getting everything done during the small amount of downtime that I have.

    ReplyDelete